ICE President Richard Coackley has praised the ‘outstanding work’ of three ICE members behind the delivery of the London 2012 Olympics, who have been recognised on the Queen’s Birthday Honours list.
- ICE Fellow Ian Galloway – Programme Director and CEO of CLM (Delivery Partner for the Olympic Delivery Authority), received an OBE for services to regeneration
- ICE Fellow Simon Wright – ODA Director of Infrastructure and Utilities, received an OBE for services to the construction industry
- ICE Member Martyn Lass – Enabling Works Project Manager for London 2012, Atkins, received an MBE for services to the construction industry These honours follow a Knighthood for ICE Fellow and ODA Chair John Armitt in the New Year Honours list.
More ICE members recognised
Congratulations also to the other six ICE members recognised for their contribution to the construction industry, transport, science and local government:
- Professor William Stuart Cole CBE – Professor of Transport, University of Glamorgan, for services to transport
- Dr Peter William Bonfield OBE – Chief Executive BRE, for services to research and innovation in the construction industry
- Dr Dougal Jocelyn Goodman OBE – Chief Executive, The Foundation for Science and Technology, for services to science
- Mrs Milica Kitson OBE – Chief Executive, Constructing Excellence in Wales, for services to the construction industry in Wales
- Matthew David Lugg OBE – Director, Environment and Transport, Leicestershire County Council, for services to local government
- Robert Jonathan Hegan MBE – for services to economic development and to the construction industry in Northern Ireland
Any members who received awards as part of the Queen's Birthday Honours who are not named in this article should contact email@example.com with details of your award so that this article can be amended accordingly.