On this site you will find information and details about New Zealand and the work of ICE’s local members, committee and other related engineering topics. We have included information on:
- The place, people and working here
- Immigration, settling and opportunities
- Engineering, education & qualifications and professional issues
The services we provide members and engineers:
- For those working through Training Agreements and Mentoring routes for IPD
- The Review Process
- International lecture tours, events and networking
The well developed engineering sector and unrivalled life style opportunities have seen an increasing number of younger engineers make the move to this side of the world, either as a career move or as a life style choice.
Our objective for the New Zealand branch of ICE is to support and promote the international strategy of ICE within New Zealand. The international strategy is set out on the ICE website.
ICE aims to undertake the strategy by:
- Providing services that are relevant and valued by members and employers
- Maintaining and promoting high professional standards
- Providing an international source of skills and knowledge for tomorrow's engineering
- Being broad and inclusive of all those engaged in civil engineering
- Partnering with, and respect for, relevant local bodies, to support the engineering community in influencing governments and industry.
We will be recognised as the leading source of international knowledge and skills required to create a sustainable natural and built environment for the benefit of future generations.
Our Core Values:
Trust and honesty, ethical behaviour and integrity, high standards, quality and professionalism.
Our Core Purpose:
To set standards for qualification and registration of all engaged in civil engineering; to provide a knowledge exchange for best practice and to promote the contribution that we make to society.
Number of resident ICE members
There are currently about 600 members recorded as living in the country.
Join ICE in New Zealand's LinkedIn Group