London faces several challenges over the coming years concerning the city's infrastructure and built environment.
In this Briefing Note we examine what challenges the water industry faces and what London needs to do to overcome them.
The Briefing Note examines two crucial challenges facing the Capital: population growth and climate change, examining how they affect London's water security, ability to prevent floods and manage wastewater.
The Note sets out what solutions there are to these issues – from greater demand management of London's water supply to creating more sustainable drainage to avoid surface water flooding.
The London and South East Water Panel
This Briefing has been prepared by members of the ICE London and South East Water Panel listed here:
- Dave Wardle, Formerly EA (Chair)
- Stephanie Henderson, EA
- John Sweetnam, AECOM
- Roland Grzybek, CH2M
- Robert Williams, Environment Agency
- Derek Maynard, Port of London Authority
- Ian Kirkaldy, Formerly Southern Water
- Fiona Wyatt, Expedition
- Andrew Burton, Mott MacDonald
- Nigel Hendley, Hendley Associates
- Gareth King, Albion Water
- Andrew Tagg, HR Wallingford
- Jo Shipley, Mott MacDonald
The content of this document does not reflect the views of the individuals' companies listed.
Download this document