ICE promotes civil engineering and supports the people who work in our profession. It's also important for us to keep telling the public about what civil engineers do - because without them our world would be very different.
Learn more about our aims, and about the people leading us so we can achieve them.
Why were we formed?
We have three main roles:
- To qualify civil engineering professionals and give them the tools they need to continue to develop.
- To help the industry learn more and share our knowledge so we can maintain the natural and built environment.
- To promote the contribution that civil engineers make to society worldwide.
How we want ICE to be seen
We aim to be:
- A highly respected organisation which qualifies not just civil engineers but other professionals working in the built environment around the world.
- An independent voice that uses the expert knowledge of our members to influence government policy and help the industry progress.
- A trusted source of advice, guided by our members' high ethical standards.
- An organisation whose members are passionate about being part of such a rewarding profession and about inspiring the next generation.
- The professional engineering association that other world organisations and institutions turn to for help in tackling global challenges.
What we stand for
The values that guide our work, and the work of our members, are:
- Trust and honesty
- Ethical behaviour and integrity
- High standards
- Quality and professionalism
ICE Strategy 2013-25 - Civil Engineers: Shaping the World
This document redefines ICE's vision and strategy in line with goals set by Council.
In October 2012 the ICE Council met to discuss future strategy, considering the period 2013-2025. Alongside its many existing outputs, ICE aims to operate on a more global scale and represent a broader range of professionals operating in the 'built environment' in this period.
Our Plan for 2017-19
ICE's rolling three year plan for 2017-2019 was launched in December 2016 by ICE Director General and Secretary Nick Baveystock. Members can view the document on ICE's Operational Policies page. Nick Baveystock looks back at a successful year in 2016 and looks ahead at our aims for the coming three years in the film below:
Meet our senior managers
ICE's senior managers make sure we achieve the goals set by our Council.
ICE annual report
Our annual report provides details on our achievements and activities over the past year. Find out more about what we've been up to and how we've delivered for our members, as well as accessing minutes from our previous Annual General Meetings, where annual reports are approved.