Why were we formed?
We have three main roles:
- To qualify civil engineering professionals and give them the tools they need to continue to develop
- To help the industry learn more and share our knowledge so we can maintain the natural and built environment
- To promote the contribution that civil engineers make to society worldwide
How we want ICE to be seen
We aim to be:
- A highly respected organisation which qualifies not just civil engineers but other professionals working in the built environment around the world
- An independent voice that uses the expert knowledge of our members to influence government policy and help the industry progress
- A trusted source of advice, guided by our members' high ethical standards
- An organisation whose members are passionate about being part of such a rewarding profession and about inspiring the next generation
- The professional engineering association that other world organisations and institutions turn to for help in tackling global challenges
What we stand for
The values that guide our work, and the work of our members, are:
- Trust and honesty
- Ethical behaviour and integrity
- High standards
- Quality and professionalism
ICE Strategy 2013-2025 - Civil Engineers: Shaping the World
This document redefines ICE's vision and strategy in line with goals set by Council.
In October 2012 the ICE Council met to discuss future strategy, considering the period 2013-2025. Alongside its many existing outputs, ICE aims to operate on a more global scale and represent a broader range of professionals operating in the 'built environment' in this period.
View this document to find out more
Our annual report 2014 – key facts and figures
- Net incoming resources of £2.7m
- Thomas Telford Limited made £3m profit for 2014
- ICE Membership has increased by 3% on last year to 86,400
- International membership has increase by 8%
- Student membership is up by 11% to 20,907
Figures correct as at 31 December 2014.
Find out more about what ICE did in 2014 from our annual report.
Meet our senior managers
ICE's senior managers make sure we achieve the goals set by our Council