The aim of the award is to support Graduates and professionally qualified members (CEng, IEng or EngTech) with over two years work experience looking to start a course to support their professional qualification and progress.
- The aim of the award is to support members who are typically
- Returning to the workplace after parental leave, acting as a carer, illness or unemployment
- Studying additional management or technical subjects to upskill
- Studying a foreign language
It’s not designed to fund courses that will be used as Further Learning in the ICE membership process.
To apply for this award:
- You must be an ICE graduate or professionally qualified member
- You must have been a member for a minimum of two years
- You must have a minimum of two years’ experience working in the civil engineering industry
- Your course must not be an ICE-accredited further learning programme. Find out if your course is accredited
- You must not have already received more than three ICE QUEST scholarships or awards
- Your application will only be accepted before the start of your course. Student member or PhD students aren't able to apply.
Applications are open from 17 May to 30 June 2022.
Applications are assessed by the QUEST Committee and those judged to be strongest receive up to £1,000.
Your application will be assessed on the following:
- The quality of your application
- How much the course will benefit you and your professional development
- The academic merit of the course
- How the course will benefit your employer and ICE
- The amount of financial support required
- The duration of the course
QUEST Anniversary publication
In 2017, QUEST celebrated 40 successful years of funding civil engineering students and projects. We have put together a publication with some highlights so be sure to download your free copy.
You can also read more about the history and workings of QUEST.
Got a question about our awards or competitions?
If you have any questions or are unable to find what you are looking for, please contact the Awards Co-ordinator using the link below.