Skip to content


As a student studying a civil engineering course, ICE offers support no matter where you are in the world.

Accredited courses

If you're studying at a UK university, engineering courses accredited for Engineering Council registration will be recognised under European or International Engineering Accords and will put you in the best position for global mobility after you graduate. Use the Engineering Council Course Search to check if your UK course is accredited and under which Accord it should be recognised. Please note that if your course is listed as “CEng (requires further learning)”, then you must also hold a further learning course listed as “CEng (is further learning)” in order for it to be recognised under the Washington Accord.

In the same way, ICE recognises a wide range of non-UK engineering courses that are accredited by other bodies as meeting all or part of the knowledge requirements for professional qualification. We'll confirm if your course is recognised and for which grade when you join as a Student or Graduate member.

If your course isn’t accredited, it does'nt mean your qualifications won't be recognised, but you may have to submit additional information about your studies or undergo further assessment to qualify with ICE or register with another professional engineering body.

Student chapters

ICE student chapters organise technical talks, site visits, and are a great way to network and socialise with your fellow civil engineering students.

Free Student membership

Not only is it free, you'll also be starting your journey towards a professional qualification which will open doors when you graduate and help build your future in civil engineering. You also get lots of great benefits, like career advice, resources to help you learn about the industry, and the chance to meet other civil engineers.

Join today