For ICE graduates and qualified members, with at least two years’ work experience, who are looking to get a new qualification to help their professional development.
The aim of the award is to support Graduates and professionally qualified members (CEng, IEng or EngTech) with over two years of work experience looking to start a course to support their professional qualification and progress. The aim of the award is to support members who are typically:
- Returning to the workplace after parental leave, acting as a carer, illness or unemployment
- Studying additional management or technical subjects to upskill
- Studying a foreign language
It’s not designed to fund courses that will be used as Further Learning in the ICE membership process.
To apply for this award:
- You must be an ICE graduate or professionally qualified member
- You must have been a member for a minimum of two years
- You must have a minimum of two years experience working in the civil engineering industry
- Your course must not be an ICE-accredited further learning programme. Find out if your course is accredited
- You must not have already received more than three ICE QUEST scholarships or awards
- Your application will only be accepted before the start of your course. Student members or PhD students aren't able to apply.
How are the winners chosen?
The application process is competitive, and submissions will be judged against other applications as follows:
- The quality of the application
- How the course will benefit the applicant and their professional development
- The academic merit and/or appropriateness of the course
- How the course will benefit the employer and ICE (ICE only, if self-employed)
- The amount of financial support required
- The duration of the course
How to apply?
Applications for 2023 are now closed.
Got a QUESTion?
If you have any questions or are unable to find what you are looking for, please contact the Awards Co-ordinator using the link below.