- 08 September 2022
- 09:00 - 17:00 BST (GMT+1)
Register to attend this event online.
The emphasis is on the development of practical solutions to design problems, working to current design codes and standards. The course is fully Eurocode compliant.
The geotechnical notes and presentations deal with:
- Bearing capacity and settlement in spread foundations
- The conceptual and detailed design of spread foundations for simple and complex loading
- Geotechical design of piles and pile groups
- Design of piled foundations including pile layouts, pile cap and ground beam systems
- Determination of earth pressures on retaining structures
- Design of reinforced concrete gravity and mass walls, embedded and gabion walls
The notes also include a brief introduction to Eurocodes and their application to foundation design.
Sessions begin at 9:00 and finish at 17:00.
Morning and afternoon coffee breaks and lunch are included in the programme.
- Session 1 - Introduction
- Session 2 - Soil properties
- Session 3 - Spread foundations
- Session 4 - Piled foundations
- Session 1 - Piled foundations
- Session 2 - Earth retaining structures
- Session 3 - Gravity walls
- Session 4 - Embedded and gabion walls
For more information please contact:
- e: [email protected]
- t: +44 (0)20 7665 2457