- 20 September 2022
- 09:00 - 17:00 BST (GMT+1)
Garfield House 86 Edgware Road London, W2 2EA United Kingdom
The programme is part of a unique suite of accreditations for those undertaking managerial roles within NEC3 projects and contracts, fusing together the skills required of a project manager with those technical skills required by the NEC.
- The only NEC3 Project Manager accreditation available - a unique opportunity; recognised by employers and setting you apart from your peers
- Internationally recognised, and applicable across international projects
- Offers complete clarity on what to deliver and how to deliver it as an ECC Project Manager
- Gives project managers real skills and tools to execute their jobs, rather than just a framework of documents and checklists
- Highly interactive, with heavy emphasis on scenario planning and teaching through case studies
- Peer reviewed course content and expert delivery from an NEC3 specialist
- On successful completion of the programme, you will receive a unique accreditation as an NEC3 ECC Project Manager, and entry onto the Register for Accredited NEC Professionals, held by the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
Under the ECC, the Employer is represented by the Project Manager. Being a project manager in itself is a skill. Understanding a whole range of competing interests and balancing these against the need to deliver a high quality project on time, to budget and to standard is a difficult task.
Coupled with the legal, not to mention financial implications, of delivering a project incorrectly the task can seem quite daunting.
Part 1 - Online training
This is composed of 2 modules:
- Introduction to the NEC3 Engineering and Construction Contract (ECC)
- Programme Provisions under NEC3 Contracts
These modules, along with their embedded assessments must be completed before you can attend the classroom training sessions.
These online training courses are reduced functionality versions of courses available as standalone products. They are included within this programme to provide you with an opportunity to refresh your knowledge. You will only have access to them for one month. There will also be no access to the digital views of the contract which normally accompany these courses. If you require longer access to the materials, you will need to purchase the full online products, linked above.
Part 2 - Classroom/Virtual training
Day 1 - Project Startup
- Role of the PM
- Contract Data and WI
- Initial duties
- Establishing key procedures
Day 2 - Programme and Risk Management
- Programme requirements
- Managing the programme
- Risk management
- Regional case studies
Day 3 - Commercial Management
- Defined Cost, Disallowed Cost and Fee
- Compensation Events
- Regional case studies
Day 4 - Contract Management and Project Closure
- Overcoming problems
- Day to day issues
- Project closure
Part 3 - Final Assessment
- Assessment 1 - Online multiple choice question paper
- Assessment 2 - Written project report
- Qualification - Once you have successfully completed all elements of the programme, you will be an Accredited NEC3 ECC Project Manager, and eligible for inclusion on the ICE Register for Accredited NEC Professionals.
For more information please contact:
- e: [email protected]
- t: +44 (0)20 7665 2446