- 19 October 2022
- 09:00 - 17:00 BST (GMT+1)
This one day training course equips you with the ability to prepare and control budgets, and confidently manage costs within your project's commercial framework.
During the training course you will address three broad themes that underpin project cost:
- The project budget - What is the project budget and how does it compare to the final cost
- Cost estimating - How do we develop an estimate of the cost - and does this differ between client, designer and contractor
- Risk and value - How are risk and value incorporated into the budget
Set against a background of estimating in the construction industry you will explore the elements of project cost and how budgets are established. Working from first principles, cost build up and bills of quantities will be developed and tested using case studies. Contractor tender pricing processes and the effects of risk, value and decision making on project costs will be explored.
This training course has been mapped to:
- UK-SPEC Competence C1: Plan for effective project implementation and C2: Plan, budget, organise, direct and control tasks, people and resources.
- ICE Key Attribute 5A: Ability to prepare and control budgets
- ICE Key Attribute 5C: A high level of commercial and contractual understanding and an ability to use it within own area of responsibility
This event is being shown online. Register to get access.
Sessions begin at 9:00 and finish at 17:00. Morning and afternoon coffee breaks and lunch are included in the programme.
- Session 1 - Estimating in the construction industry
- Session 2 - Estimating through the product stages
- Session 3 - Introduction to case study
- Session 4 - Case study - elements of cost
- Session 5 - The contractors tender pre-estimate
- Session 6 - Risk, cost and value
- Session 7 - Variation and delays
- Session 8 - Cost control
- Session 9 - Continuous improvement - minimising waste
- Session 10 - Consequences of decisions
For more information please contact:
- e: [email protected]
- t: +44 (0)20 7665 2457