Who wrote this?
Papers from the seventeenth Géotechnique Symposium in Print, compiled and produced by ICE Publishing.
It was published in September 2014.
The seventeenth Géotechnique Symposium in Print took place at the Institution of Civil Engineers on 3 June 2013 and sought to address the new challenges that are emerging from the interactions between multi-physical phenomena. These proceedings bring together the international research presented at the symposium and published across two issues of Géotechnique as well as additional subsequent research published in the journal.
Who should read this?
This book is aimed for researchers and practitioners who are looking for a comprehensive introduction to the recent advances in the area.
The papers selected for the symposium cover a wide range of geotechnical processes, including:
- Experimental analysis and constitutive modelling of the bio- and chemo-mechanical behaviour of geomaterials
- Effects of changes in the pore water chemistry on soil and rock behaviour
- Interactions between geometrical scales of diverse biological, chemical, physical and mechanical processes
- Case studies of chemical and biological soil modifications
- Applications of bio- and chemo-mechanical models in emerging technologies
For more information or questions, please email@example.com.
Visit content host site