Who wrote this?
- Tim Chapman, BE MSc DIC CEng MIEI FICE, Arup
- Sara Anderson, BA MEng CEng MICE, Arup
- Jan Windle, BEng MSc DIC MICE CEng FRSA, whitbybird (formerly of Arup)
- Hugh St John, GCG (Chair)
- Rachel Monteith, Sir Robert McAlpine
- Tony O'Brien, Mott MacDonald
- Hilary Skinner, BRE
- Martin Pedley, Skanska
- Jenny Baster, Arup
- Juliet Bird, Arup
- Bryan Marsh, Arup
- Melanie Rhodes, Arup
- Ian Rogers, Arup
- Jon Shillibeer, Arup
- Jim Williams, English Heritage
It was first published in July 2007.
To assist builders by elaborating how foundations can be reused to hopefully speed up projects and reduce environmental impact.
Who should read this?
This book is aimed at developers, funders and technical professionals who are interested in an overview of the main issues in reuse of existing foundations for new structures.
This 60 page book, available to buy from CIRIA, sets out the background and provides guidance on the key issues for foundation reuse. The book provides concise guidance for the economic, safe and appropriate reuse of foundations in urban environments where existing foundations are often encountered during redevelopment of buildings and infrastructure.
- Key issues
- Requirements for any foundation
- Technical considerations for reuse of old foundations
- Allowing new foundations to be reused in the future
- Questions a developer should ask his team when contemplating foundation reuse
- How can foundations be reused
- A series of case studies
For more information and questions, please contact email@example.com.
Visit content host site