Our learning is structured around these key areas:
Courses, workshops and membership surgeries to help you achieve professional qualification.
Access videos covering key areas of professional qualification.
Courses, help and advice to advance your career no matter what stage you are at.
Specialist training courses let you learn new skills and add to your personal development.
Earn new qualifications to boost your career and demonstrate your abilities.
Central Kowloon Route – Kai Tak East, Hong Kong
To relieve congestion along the existing major east-west corridors, and enhance linkages between districts and underpinning various developments in Kowloon, Central Kowloon Route – Kai Tak East (CKR–KTE) provides an alternative express route bypassing the congested central Kowloon area.
CKR–KTE comprises of an approximately 700-meter long dual 2-lane Central Kowloon Route mainline at Kai Tak. Bridges, underpass and associated at-grade slip roads connect the Central Kowloon Route with the existing road network and other associated works, alleviating the traffic congestion and bringing benefits to the neighbouring areas.
Participants will be able to visit two checkpoints during the technical visit, including the bridge construction across Kai Tak River and Underpasses S3/S21 Construction at Kai Tak East, and gain an overview of the steel platform and foundation works.
Date: 15 January 2022 (Saturday)
Time: 09:30 – 12:00 (Hong Kong Time)
Capacity: 20 Registration Deadline: 7 January 2022 (Friday)
To book your place, simply click the 'Book now' button below and follow the onscreen instructions. If you experience any issues, please contact the event administrator: [email protected]
* Registration will be confirmed on a first-come-first-served basis and priority will be given to ICE Graduate and Student Members.
* Only successful applicants will receive a confirmation e-mail.
* Applicants with no-show records will be given lower priority in future G&S events.
Note: - Participants are required to bring their own valid Green Cards issued by recognised authorities and safety boots.
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including helmets and reflective vests will be provided.
- Participants who fail to bring ALL required PPE on the event day will NOT be allowed to join the site visit.
- Attendance certificates will be provided for this event only if attendees attend the whole event.
- All participants are required to prepare and wear masks and have their body temperature taken at registration desk.
- Applicants with no-show records will be given lower priority in future G&S events.
- The above is subject to change without prior notice.
Adverse weather arrangement The event will be cancelled or rescheduled to another date in case of Thunderstorm; Amber or Red or Black Rainstorm Alert; or Typhoon Signal No. 3 or No. 8 or above being in force by the Hong Kong Observatory at or after 7am. It may also be cancelled because of safety or other reasons.
Disclaimer The Institution of Civil Engineers (Hong Kong Association) shall not under any circumstances be liable or otherwise for death or any injury or for any damage to or loss or destruction of property or otherwise, in any such case arising from any accident or mishap, and whether during or after this event, in preparation for it, traveling to or from it or otherwise.
e: [email protected]