- 14 January 2022
- 00:00 - 17:00 GMT
Room MS023 University of Derby Markeaton Street Derby, DE22 3AW United Kingdom
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
ICE East Midlands Graduates and Students (G&S) Committee is excited to invite university students and apprentices to participate in the second High Early Strength Concrete Cube Competition (HESCCC), jointly organised with the University of Derby.
Following on the success of the 2020 competition, it now returns with the following aims:
- To encourage students and apprentices to use their creativity and technical skills to produce optimum cost concrete of very high strength at an early age
- To serve as a networking opportunity
- To offer an excellent opportunity to showcase presentation skills and share innovative ideas relating to concrete additives
This competition is jointly sponsored by Mott MacDonald and JP Concrete and held at the University of Derby.
Rules and regulations:
- A team of participants may register up to a maximum of three members.
- Cement, aggregates (20 mm maximum size) and water will be provided. The participants are allowed to include additive(s) in the concrete mix. The additive(s) included must be disclosed prior to the event; please refer to the Competition Rules.
- The maximum cementitious content allowed to be used is up to 500kg/m3.
- Participants are required to mix the concrete in the Concrete Laboratory at the University of Derby on Wednesday 2 March 2022 and test the cubes on Thursday 3 March 2022, giving the cubes 24 hours of casting/curing.
- Participants are required to prepare a digital poster displaying materials used and mix formulation designed. Judging will be based on creativity, economy, sustainability in material selection and concrete preparation.
- Participants are required to prepare three cubes and only normal curing methods are allowed.
- Entries not complying with the rules and regulations of the competition will be disqualified.
For specific rules, regulations and judging criteria please read Competition Rules.
- Highest Early Strength Concrete Student/Apprentice Team: £150
- Best Presentation: £150
To participate in the HESCCC please register your team by 17:00 hours on Friday 14 January 2022.
For further information or enquiries, please contact the ICE East Midlands G&S Committee member, Tanya Donkin at [email protected].
For more information please contact: