- 16 December 2023
- 09:00 - 12:00 HKT (GMT+8)
Airportcity Link - Land Viaducts at Hong Kong Port and Airport Island Airport Island Lantau Island, Hong Kong
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
The scope under this project includes the foundation works, structural works, building services and architectural works of viaduct and platforms at Hong Kong Port Island and Airport Island. The major highlight is to construct viaducts over existing traffic by form traveller method, allowing for longer spans to be built with less materials than other complex and time-consuming methods due to site inaccessibility.
With the technical visit, visitors would learn the implementation of construction 2.0 in the project, technique and construction of bored pile by rotary drilling rig and construction of viaducts by form traveller, which shorten the construction time and are cost-effective when comparing with the conventional methods.
- Capacity: 25 participants
- Fee: free of charge
- Clothing: please dress in light informal attire and don’t wear shorts or dresses/skirts.
- Registration will be confirmed on a first-come-first-served basis and priority will be given to ICE members.
- Only successful applicants will receive confirmation e-mail.
- Attendance certificates will be provided after 2 weeks of the event only if attendees attend the whole event.
- The above is subject to change without prior notice.
Adverse weather arrangements:
The event will be cancelled or rescheduled to another date in case of Black Rainstorm Alert; or Typhoon Signal No.3 or above being in force by the Hong Kong Observatory 2 hours before the event. It may also be cancelled because of safety or other reasons.
The Institution of Civil Engineers (Hong Kong Association) shall not under any circumstances be liable or otherwise for death or any injury or for any damage to or loss or destruction of property or otherwise, in any such case arising from any accident or mishap, and whether during or after this event, in preparation for it, traveling to or from it or otherwise.