- 20 January 2024
- 09:00 - 12:00 HKT (GMT+8)
The Cityview, 5/F Diamond Room, 23 Waterloo Road, Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon, Hong Kong
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
ICE HKA G&S Communications Competition was originated from the UK, aims to help young members to develop the skills and techniques for public consultation. Competitors will be showcasing their presentation skills as they deliver a proposal on a hypothetical civil engineering project at a mock public consultation meeting. They will also need to win the support of judges and members of the audience as they address questions on the potential impacts on various potential stakeholders.
This year, we have four teams of applicants participating in this competition. ICE HKA G&S is now inviting both members and non-members to attend Communications Competition 2023 - 2024. Participants could learn more about the view of different stakeholders under different development proposal and raise questions to the competitors.
Registration deadline: 12 January 2024 (Friday)
- Registration will be confirmed on a first-come-first-served basis, with priority given to ICE Graduate and Student Members.
- Only successful applicants will receive a confirmation e-mail.
- Attendance certificates will be provided after two weeks of the event only if attendees attend the whole event.
- Applicants with no-show records will be given lower priority in future G&S events.
- Attendance certificates will be provided after 2 weeks of the event only if attendees attend the whole event.
- The above is subject to change without prior notice.
The Institution of Civil Engineers (Hong Kong Association) shall not under any circumstances be liable or otherwise for death or any injury or for any damage to or loss or destruction of property or otherwise, in any such case arising from any accident or mishap, and whether during or after this event, in preparation for it, travelling to or from it or otherwise.
1st team presentation and Q&A
2nd team presentation and Q&A
3rd team presentation and Q&A
4th team presentation and Q&A
Souvenir and prize presentation