- 20 December 2023
- 19:00 - 20:30 HKT (GMT+8)
Queensway, Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
The pressing need for rapid housing development has put design for manufacture and assembly (DfMA) in the spotlight, with a view to achieving higher efficiency and improving site safety. Modular integrated construction (MiC) exemplifies the spirit of DfMA, and aims to minimise on-site construction through the use of freestanding volumetric modules manufactured off-site. Since 2020, selected types of building works funded under the Capital Works Programme shall adopt MiC.
Since the majority of the typical on-site construction works have been reassigned to take place in a factory setting upstream, the planning of MiC projects differs substantially from a standard building project. In particular, considerations relating to structural design, logistics arrangements, lifting and hoisting, and site logistics have been flagged for attention in reference publications by the Construction Industry Council. In this workshop, site engineers from Hip Hing Construction Limited will share with participants the opportunities and challenges they have faced in delivering a government building project in Central, Hong Kong.
Assembly point: Admiralty MTR station
Registration deadline: 15 December 2023 (Friday)
To book your place, simply click the ‘book now’ button below and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Registration will be confirmed on a first-come-first-served basis, with priority given to ICE Graduate and Student members. Only successful applicants will be notified.
- The event will be conducted primarily in Cantonese, and English terms will be introduced where appropriate
- Attendance certificates will be provided within two weeks of the event, subject to attendees having participated for the entire duration of the event.
- Applicants with no-show records will be given lower priority in future G&S events.
- The above is subject to change without prior notice.
The Institution of Civil Engineers (Hong Kong Association) shall not under any circumstances be liable or otherwise for death or any injury or for any damage to or loss or destruction of property or otherwise, in any such case arising from any accident or mishap, and whether during or after this event, in preparation for it, traveling to or from it or otherwise.