- 03 February 2024
- 09:00 - 12:00 HKT (GMT+8)
Fanling North Community Liaison Centre Sha Tau Kok Road (Lung Yeuk Tau) Fanling New Territories, Hong Kong
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
The Fanling North area was selected back in the 2000s as one of the New Development Areas (NDAs) to meet long-term housing demand and population increase. The NDA spans about 165 hectares, and is expected to accommodate a new population of nearly 10 thousand. Central to its development is the 4 kilometer Fanling Bypass, which is a dual two-lane carriageway connecting the NDA to the existing Fanling Highway.
In this visit, participants will be introduced to the use of form travelers and launching girders in the construction of long spanning viaducts. The construction of underpasses, depressed roads and footbridges will also be covered.
- Capacity: 25
- Attire: casual wear
- Registration deadline: 29 January 2024 (Monday)
To book your place, simply click the book now button and follow the onscreen instructions.
Safety training certificates and personal protective equipment (PPE):
- Participants shall bring with them their safety training certificate (‘Green card’) on the day of visit. The certificate shall be issued by recognised authorities and be valid on the day of the visit.
- Participants shall bring their own personal protective equipment (PPE), which shall include a pair of safety boots, a reflective vest and a safety helmet.
- Attendees who fail to comply with the above requirements may be refused entry to the site area.
- Registration will be confirmed on a first-come-first-served basis, with priority given to ICE Graduate and Student Members. Only successful applicants will be notified.
- The event will be conducted primarily in Cantonese, and English terms will be introduced where appropriate.
- Attendance certificates will be provided within two weeks of the event only if attendees participate for the entire duration of the event.
- Applicants with no-show records will be given lower priority in future G&S events.
- The above is subject to change without prior notice.
Adverse weather arrangements:
The event will be cancelled or rescheduled to another date in the case of a red or black rainstorm signal, or typhoon signal no. 3 or above is issued by the Hong Kong Observatory at or after 07:00. The organiser reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the event in view of safety or other considerations.
The Institution of Civil Engineers (Hong Kong Association) shall not under any circumstances be liable or otherwise for death, any injury, any damage to, loss or destruction of property or otherwise, in any such case arising from any accident or mishap, whether during or after this event, in preparation for it, travelling to or from it or otherwise.