- 24 February 2024
- 08:15 - 12:30 HKT (GMT+8)
EPSO Chek Lap Kok Hong Kong
This event is full and no longer taking bookings.
The three-runway system (3RS) project under the Hong Kong International Airport Master Plan 2030 aims to cater for the increasing air traffic demand of Hong Kong and strengthen Hong Kong as an air transport hub of Asia.
Among the seven core projects of the 3RS project, the construction of a new automated people mover (APM) system and baggage handling system (BHS) is the backbone to connecting the new third runway concourse and the expanded Terminal 2.
The two systems are expected to transport up to 10800 passengers and 9600 bags per hour, and projects are implemented through a design-and-build contracts.
To deliver the tunnel box structures on time, tunnel travellers are extensively employed in the project. The use of highly adaptive and modularised temporary works reduced labour requirements. The streamlined approach resulted in substantial gains in productivity, and contributed towards improved site safety and reduced environmental impacts.
In this visit, participants will learn how the project team delivers the 1.8km tunnel, a substantial portion of which passes through newly reclaimed land under the 3RS project.
- Capacity: 25
- Attire: casual wear
- Registration deadline: 21 February 2024 (Wednesday)
To book your place, simply click the book now button and follow the onscreen instructions.
Safety training certificates and personal protective equipment (PPE):
- Participants shall bring with them their safety training certificate (‘Green card’) on the day of visit. The certificate shall be issued by recognised authorities and be valid on the day of the visit.
- Participants shall bring their own personal protective equipment (PPE), which shall include a pair of safety boots, a reflective vest and a safety helmet.
- Attendees who fail to comply with the above requirements may be refused entry to the site area.
- Registration will be confirmed on a first-come-first-served basis, with priority given to ICE Graduate and Student Members. Only successful applicants will be notified.
- The event will be conducted primarily in Cantonese, and English terms will be introduced where appropriate.
- Attendance certificates will be provided within two weeks of the event only if attendees participate for the entire duration of the event.
- Applicants with no-show records will be given lower priority in future G&S events.
- The above is subject to change without prior notice.
Adverse weather arrangements:
The event will be cancelled or rescheduled to another date in the case of a red or black rainstorm signal, or typhoon signal no. 3 or above is issued by the Hong Kong Observatory at or after 07:00. The organiser reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the event in view of safety or other considerations.
The Institution of Civil Engineers (Hong Kong Association) shall not under any circumstances be liable or otherwise for death, any injury, any damage to, loss or destruction of property or otherwise, in any such case arising from any accident or mishap, whether during or after this event, in preparation for it, travelling to or from it or otherwise.