- 13 January 2024
- 09:30 - 12:00 HKT (GMT+8)
Kai Tak Sports Park Public Sports Ground (PSG) Kai Tak Kowloon Hong Kong
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
Kai Tak Sports Park, located in the vibrant district of Kai Tak, represents a remarkable achievement in urban development. This visionary project has transformed the landscape, combining world-class sports facilities with sustainable design principles. The site visit offers students a unique opportunity to explore the construction complexities and gain valuable insights into this iconic sports facility.
During the visit, students will witness the innovative solutions and meticulous planning employed to overcome technical and logistical challenges in a densely populated environment. They will delve into the construction process, gaining a deeper understanding of the strategic engineering efforts and innovative approaches used to bring the park to life.
The highlight of the visit is an immersive experience in the main stadium, where students can witness the cutting-edge design, advanced sporting infrastructure, and integration of modern technologies. This firsthand exploration allows them to appreciate the attention to detail and the significant impact the park has on the surrounding community.
The site visit provides students with a comprehensive understanding of the project's background and the exceptional elements that make it stand out. It offers an educational experience that broadens their knowledge in construction and engineering, inspiring them to appreciate visionary projects like Kai Tak Sports Park.
Registration deadline: 05 January 2024 (Friday)
To book your place, simply click the ‘book now’ button and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Registration will be confirmed on a first-come-first-served basis, with priority given to ICE Student Members and undergraduate students. Only successful applicants will be notified.
- Participants must wear long trousers and safety shoes for the site visit.
- Safety helmets and vests will be provided by Hip Hing Construction Company Limited.
- The event will be conducted primarily in Cantonese, and English terms will be introduced where appropriate.
- Attendance certificates will be provided within two weeks of the event only if attendees participate for the entire duration of the event.
- Applicants with no-show records will be given lower priority in future G&S events.
- The above is subject to change without prior notice.
Adverse weather arrangements:
The event will be cancelled or rescheduled to another date in the case of a red or black rainstorm signal, or typhoon signal no. 3 or above is issued by the Hong Kong Observatory at or after 07:00. The organiser reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the event in view of safety or other considerations.
The Institution of Civil Engineers (Hong Kong Association) shall not under any circumstances be liable or otherwise for death, any injury, any damage to, loss or destruction of property or otherwise, in any such case arising from any accident or mishap, whether during or after this event, in preparation for it, travelling to or from it or otherwise.
Image credit: Kai Tak Sports Park
Gathering and registration
Site visit to main stadium