- 13 March - 16 March 2024
- 09:00 - 22:00 HKT (GMT+8)
Qingdao International Airport Shandong Province China
Register to attend this event in person.
Improving connectivity is often a major purpose of infrastructure. Enhancing connectivity does not only cover our transportation networks, but also making connections for a nature - and people - positive world will be a major consideration in next-generation infrastructure. Highlighted projects in this delegation demonstrate how civil engineering projects fulfil various development needs of a city.
ICE HKA, supported by Shandong Overseas Friendship Association (山東省海外聯誼會), is organising a delegation to Shandong from 13 to 16 March 2024, as one of its 25th anniversary signature events. The delegation aims to provide insights on how to improve connection between people and nature, people and people, place and place, as well as country and country through technical visits to new civil engineering projects in Shandong.
The projects to be visited would include
- Jiaozhou Rivers Historical and Cultural Park – a showcase project of integrating the recreational needs of the community with the rivers
- Qingdao Jiaozhuo Bay Second Tunnel – a way to provide road networks with minimum influence on the environment
- Qingdao International Sailing Centre – sustainable land usage which promotes sports development and tourism after the Olympic Games
- Qingdao Jiaozhou Bay Bridge
- Qingdao Port
- Qingdao SCODA Pearl International Expo Centre.
This delegation presents a valuable opportunity to experience and to learn how infrastructure enhances connectivity for various societal and economic development needs, while maintaining a harmonious relationship between the built environment and the natural environment.
Capacity: 20 participants
Official language: English
The online application form will be opened at 10:00 on 06 February 2024, which will be closed on 27 February 2024, or when the delegation is full.
Please complete the online application form, submit your cheque (payable to “The Institution of Civil Engineers (Hong Kong) Limited”) and all necessary documents in person or by mail to:
ICE Hong Kong Office
17/F, 88 Lockhart Road
Wanchai, Hong Kong
- The itinerary is tentative and is subject to change.
- Priority will be given to ICE HK corporate members, on a first-come-first served basis.
- ICE HKA reserves the right in confirming individual registrations to form a group with balanced experiences for the delegation.
- Applications will be considered as complete only upon receipt of your completed online application form, full payment, signed declaration form and a photocopy of your HKID card and travel document.
- The cheque sent during application will be deposited only if the applicant is selected to be the delegate. No refund is allowed for any selected applicant who withdraws from the delegation.
- Successful applicants may be invited to participate in the preparation of relevant events and publication before and after the delegation.
- Attendance certificates will be provided after 2 weeks of the event only if attendees attend the whole event.
- ICE HKA reserves the rights of final decision in any case of disputes.
Technical Report Prize:
The event is designated by the HKA committee and is eligible for the Technical Report Prize. ICE HKA awards prizes to ICE members who reside in Hong Kong and prepare reports of a high standard on the caption technical event. Winners will be given a prize of HKD $500.
The Institution of Civil Engineers (Hong Kong Association) shall not under any circumstances be liable or otherwise for death or any injury or for any damage to or loss or destruction of property or otherwise, in any such case arising from any accident or mishap, and whether during or after this event, in preparation for it, traveling to or from it or otherwise.
The fee covers round-trip transportation, hotel accommodation (shared double room), local transportation and meals (unless noted otherwise) during the visit. Single rooms could be arranged at extra cost and subject to availability. Insurance shall be purchased by the participants themselves upon successful registration for the delegation.
|G&S members (Quota: 10 G&S members)
|HKD $2,500 (excl. VAT)
|Member of other grades
|HKD $3,800 (excl. VAT)
|HKD $4,500 (excl. VAT)