- 16 September 2023
- 10:00 - 12:00 HKT (GMT+8)
Swimming Pool Complex and Open Space Area 107, Tin Shui Wai New Territories, Hong Kong
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
Recreation, culture and amenities are the indispensible elements in urban planning nowadays to develop a healthy and vibrant community. The scope of works of this recreational project comprises of construction of a two-storey swimming pool complex including an outdoor swimming pool with a capacity of 700 people, one outdoor training pool, one indoor heated training pool, one indoor Jacuzzi, and ancillary facilities, as well as landscaped areas with a community garden, a children’s play area and fitness stations. The design concept is to integrate the needs of residents from the local community across all age ranges.
In this technical visit, visitors will learn the design concept of the entire recreational facility, the techniques and construction methods of the functional buildings and landscape works. The sharing of the overcoming construction challenges encountered in the project due to being located between the urban developed area and wetland park would also be a learning experience to the visitors.
- Capacity: 25 participants
- Fee: Free of Charge
- Registration deadline: 8 September 2023 (Friday)
- Clothing: please dress in light informal attire and don’t wear shorts or dresses/skirts.
- Shoes: please wear safety shoes/boots and don’t wear mules or sandals.
- PPE: please bring and wear a safety helmet and reflective vest. Participants are required to bring their ‘Green Card’ (safety training certificates), which shall be issued by recognised authorities and valid on the day of visit.
- Registration will be confirmed on a first-come-first-served basis and priority will be given to ICE members.
- Only successful applicants will receive confirmation e-mail.
- Attendance certificates will be provided after 2 weeks of the event only if attendees attend the whole event.
- The above is subject to change without prior notice.
Adverse weather arrangements:
The event will be cancelled or rescheduled to another date in case of Black Rainstorm Alert; or Typhoon Signal No.3 or above being in force by the Hong Kong Observatory at or after 08:00. It may also be cancelled because of safety or other reasons.
The Institution of Civil Engineers (Hong Kong Association) shall not under any circumstances be liable or otherwise for death or any injury or for any damage to or loss or destruction of property or otherwise, in any such case arising from any accident or mishap, and whether during or after this event, in preparation for it, traveling to or from it or otherwise.