- 15 January 2022
- 09:00 - 12:00 GMT
Site Office of Cross Bay Link Tseng Kwan O, NT Hong Kong
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
ICE HKA will organise a technical visit to CEDD Contract No. NE/2017/07 – Cross Bay Link, Tseng Kwan O.
Civil Engineering and Development Department (CEDD) is proposing a carriageway, Cross Bay Link (CBL) to connect Tseung Kwan O – Lam Tin Tunnel (TKO–LTT) with Wan Po Road in Area 86 of Tseung Kwan O (TKO) to provide an alternative access route to the south-eastern part of TKO, so as to cope with the anticipated traffic demand in TKO.
Upon completion of CBL, traffic from the south-eastern part of TKO can commute to and from the western part of TKO via CBL, or commute to and from Kowloon East via TKO–LTT, without travelling through Wan Po Road and TKO town centre. Hence, the traffic load to these roads during peak hours could be relieved, and thereby minimizing the traffic and environmental impacts on residents in the vicinity.
The project includes an about 1.8 kilometres long dual two-lane carriageway with cycle track and footpath across Junk Bay mainly on viaduct. The works including construction of connecting roads and implementation of associated traffic control and surveillance system, drainage, waterworks, marine, landscaping, electrical and mechanical and ancillary works.
With the technical visit, visitors would learn the technique and construction method of marine foundation, adoption of DfMA for viaduct construction, other innovation ideas adopted on the CBL.
Capacity: 25 participants + 5 helpers Fees: Free of Charge
- The participants shall be completed their last dose of COVID-19 vaccination for 14 days or have negative COVID-19 test results conducted within the past 14 days.
- Clothing: Please dress in light informal attire and don’t wear shorts or dresses/skirts
- Shoes: Please wear safety shoes / boots and don’t wear mules or sandals
- PPE: Please bring and wear safety helmet and reflective vest. Life jacket will be provided if necessary
- All visitors should hold his valid green card for the visit
- Registration will be confirmed on a first-come-first-served basis and priority will be given to ICE members.
- Only successful applicant will receive confirmation e-mail.
For more information please contact: