- 20 November 2021
- 09:30 - 12:30 CST
Integrated Waste Management Facilities Phase 1 Hong Kong
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
ICE HKA will organise a visit to Integrated Waste Management Facilities Phase 1. The Integrated Waste Management Facilities (IWMF) aims to substantially reduce the bulk size of mixed MSW and to recover useful resources. It will minimize the landfilling of waste significantly, thereby extending the useable life of landfills and their extensions in Hong Kong. The IWMF will be developed in phases. The IWMF Phase 1 will have a treatment capacity of 3,000 tonnes each day.
The project comprises design and construction of reclamation of about 16 hectares to form an artificial island near Shek Kwu Chau (SKC). The artificial island near SKC will mainly be constructed by non-dredged Deep Cement Mix ground treatment method to minimize water quality impact. Large sized Caissons up to 3,000 ton are installed to form the Quay wall and seawall of the Artificial Island. And the blockwork seawall facing SKC will be designed as environmentally friendly eco-shorelines with features to provide more suitable habitats for colonisation of intertidal and subtidal species and thereby enhance the ecological functions of the coastal habitats.
Participants will discover and learn more about the challenge and innovation through this Technical Visit.
Capacity: 25 participants
Official Language: English & Cantonese
Fees: Free of Charge
1.Participants are required to bring their own valid Construction Industry Safety Training Certificate (Green Card) and safety shoes.
2. Participants are advised to wear long trousers.
3. Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including helmets and reflective vests will be provided.
4. The participants shall be completed their last dose of COVID-19 vaccination for 14 days or have negative COVID-19 test results conducted within the past 14 days.
5. Participants need to provide COVID-19 vaccination record or negative COVID-19 test results conducted within the past 14 day at the site visit day.
6. All participants are required to prepare and wear masks and have their body temperature taken at registration desk.
7.Registration will be confirmed on a first-come-first-served basis and priority will be given to ICE members.
8.Only successful applicants will receive confirmation e-mail.
9. Attendance certificates will be provided for this event only if attendees attend the whole event. 10.The above is subject to change without prior notice.
For more information please contact: