- 25 September 2021
- 09:00 - 12:00 CST
Site Office of Tung Chung Reclamation Tung Chung, NT Hong Kong
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
The TCNTE is the first new town extension project via reclamation since the completion of the last new town development projects in Tseung Kwan O and Tung Chung by reclamation in 2003. The project is also one of the major initiatives under the Government's multi-pronged approach to increase land supply in the medium to long-term. It will provide about 50,000 residential flats and about 877,000 square metres commercial floor space, accommodating a population of about 146,000 and creating 40 000 job opportunities. The reclamation at the Tung Chung East is the main part of the extension project, providing 41,000 new flats to meet future needs for housing and economic developments.
The main objective of the works is to provide land in phases, with a view to having the first population intake in 2023-2024. The contract mainly comprises reclamation of the seabed at Tung Chung East by non-dredging methods to form a total of about 130 hectares of land; construction of seawalls with an eco-shoreline; construction of a multi-cell drainage box culvert; provision of infrastructure for Tung Chung Area 58; and implementation of the associated environmental mitigation measures.
With the technical visit, visitors would learn the technique and construction method of ground treatment, land reclamation and seawall construction.
Capacity: 25 participants
Official Language: Cantonese
Gathering Time: 9:00am
Venue: Site Office of Tung Chung Reclamation, Tung Chung, NT, Hong Kong
(Assembly point: Only successful applicant will receive confirmation e-mail with assembly point and time)
Fees: Free of Charge
1.Participants are required to bring their own valid Construction Industry Safety Training Certificate (Green Card) and safety shoes.
2. Participants are advised to wear long trousers.
3. Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including helmets and reflective vests will be provided.
4. The participants shall be completed their last dose of COVID-19 vaccination for 14 days or have negative COVID-19 test results conducted within the past 14 days.
5. Participants need to provide COVID-19 vaccination record or negative COVID-19 test results conducted within the past 14 day at the site visit day.
6. All participants are required to prepare and wear masks and have their body temperature taken at registration desk.
7.Registration will be confirmed on a first-come-first-served basis and priority will be given to ICE members.
8.Only successful applicant will receive confirmation e-mail with assembly point and time.
9. Attendance certificates will be provided for this event only if attendees attend the whole event. 10.The above is subject to change without prior notice.
The Institution of Civil Engineers (Hong Kong Association) shall not under any circumstances be liable or otherwise for death or any injury or for any damage to or loss or destruction of property or otherwise, in any such case arising from any accident or mishap, and whether during or after this event, in preparation for it, traveling to or from it or otherwise.
This event is being shown online. Register to get access.
For more information please contact: