- 02 September 2023
- 18:30 - 22:00 HKT (GMT+8)
Law's Boat, Junk Boat Sai Kung New Public Pier Sai Kung, Hong Kong
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
Fishing requires patience, a virtue often lost in today's fast-paced world. Our everyday work as civil engineers is a series of challenges that we solve individually, and we need to learn how to be patient sometimes and slow down. Nevertheless, a fishing trip remains a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Taking time, enjoying the tranquil surroundings, and waiting for the catch make fishing more than just a hobby or sport – it's a meditative practice.
ICE HKA G&S is delighted to organise this squid fishing adventure trip where participants can experience jigging squids. Participants can also enjoy the freshly cooked squids on the junk boat.
Squid jigging is a popular summer activity in Hong Kong. Not only is it a good activity to beat the heat, but more likely it is because the season of squid fishing starts from the Dragon Boat Festival and lasts till the mid of September. Squids start spawning rapidly in May and by the end of the season when the event takes place, they will be fully grown.
Participants will first be given a short presentation about the marine life in Sai Kung and basic knowledge of squid jigging. Then they will be guided by experienced fishing crews with all the necessary tools provided. They will also provide cooking services for their catches. Normal dinner will also be provided in the case of low catches.
Places are limited. Register for the workshop to meet other young engineers and wrap up the wonderful summer through squid fishing!
- Capacity: 20
- Dress code: Casual wear
- Registration deadline: 31 July 2023 (Monday)
- To book a slot, simply click the ‘Book now’ button and follow the instructions.
- Registration will be confirmed on a first-come-first-served basis, with priority given to ICE HKA G&S members.
- Only successful applicants will receive confirmation emails, including the payment method.
- Once registration is confirmed, payment is non-refundable.
- Insurance fee is not included in the registration fee, participants may purchase their own insurance if they wish.
- The event will be conducted in Cantonese.
- Attendance certificates will be provided after two weeks of the event only if attendees attend the whole event.
- The above is subject to change without prior notice.
- Applicants with no-show records will be given lower priority in future G&S events.
- Participants who are unwell are advised not to attend the event.
Adverse weather arrangements:
- The event will be cancelled or rescheduled to another date in case of Typhoon Signal No. 3 or above, or Black Rainstorm Signal being in force by the Hong Kong Observatory at or after 16:00.
- Participants will be informed before the event start time if the vessel owner decides not to sail due to adverse weather or any safety reason.
The Institution of Civil Engineers (Hong Kong Association) shall not under any circumstances be liable or otherwise for death or any injury or for any damage to or loss or destruction of property or otherwise, in any such case arising from any accident or mishap, and whether during or after this event, in preparation for it, travelling to or from it or otherwise.
|ICE G&S members:
|Other ICE members and non-members: