- 24 March 2022
- 10:30 - 12:30 GMT
Reaction Engines Culham Science Centre Abingdon Oxfordshire, OX14 3DB United Kingdom
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
Reaction Engines has recently announced their development of SABRE with the successful advanced hydrogen preburner testing being completed. In partnership with S & C Thermofluids the engines preburner has been tested at energy delivery levels in excess of 2 MW and proved output temperature uniformity under pressurised conditions.
SABRE, Synergetic Air Breathing Rocket Engine, is a new class of engine for propelling both high speed aircraft and spacecraft. It is unique in delivering the fuel efficiency of a jet engine with the power and high speed ability of a rocket.
The visit will provide an opportunity for delegates to be introduced to the versatile propulsion system and the various possibilities it offers for Earth atmospheric and space travel. There will be opportunities for guests to ask questions.
General visit information for Culham Science Centre tours
- All visitors will need to bring photo ID to show on arrival to be issued with their site pass to come onto the Culham Site this needs to be current passport, or driving license
- We would like to make you aware that there will be a significant amount of walking during the tour so it is advisable to wear comfortable shoes.
- Please also note that open-toe shoes are strictly forbidden in one of the experimental areas, so please ensure ALL visitors wear covered footwear.
- Please let us know in advance if you have any special mobility needs so that we can make arrangements for you to visit the facilities.
- Please could you let us know if any of the group have a pacemaker, or an automatic drug dispenser fitted as a medical implant, as this may affect access to some parts of the Culham tour.
- Visitors are welcome to take photos at designated areas of the tour – please ask you guide for further information.
For traveling to Culham, we recommend the GWR train service from Didcot (10.06 departure) to Culham on the “Oxford Canal line” arrives in Culham station at 10.11 followed by a half mile walk to Culham Science park. There is a Paddington mainline slow service via Reading to Didcot at 08.22.
For more information please contact: