- 29 November 2023
- 17:00 - 18:45 NST (GMT+12)
Wellington Station Bunny Street Pipitea Wellington, New Zealand
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
Join the ICE New Zealand Local Association for a guided tour through the heritage building of Wellington Railway Station (WRS) during the renovation and earthquake strengthening works. This tour will include viewing seismic strengthening to the stairwells and works at the station that include major electrical upgrades, refurbishment, seismic and roof replacement.
The guided tour will be an opportunity to see behind-the-scenes of the iconic structure critical to the history and transport history of the capital.
This tour will last circa. 60 minutes with the project manager followed by a conversation and Q&A at the local railway bar.
Please note: attendees must bring hi-visibility and closed-toe shoes.
This event has limited places available, please book to secure your place. Once the event has reached capacity, please contact [email protected] to join the waiting list.
The tour is anticipated to cover the following key areas (note: the programme may change last minute depending on site-works):
- Behind the scenes at the WRS
- Tour of main building
- Visit Roof of WRS (dependent on weather)
- Visit historic boardroom
- Walk through Level 3 - Train Control
- Walk through refurbishment work areas
- Walk through long East West corridors
- View seismic strengthening to stair wells
- Walk through West Wing of the WRS
- View the city from the 5th floor of WRS
- Take historic elevator to ground floor central concourse
- View historic concourse
- End with viewing and discussion of the strengthening works currently happening to the URM in the concourse