- 08 March 2022
- 18:00 - 20:30 GMT
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
The 2022 YGG U32 presentation competition will likely be held as an online live Teams Event following success in recent years (TBC).
We are calling for entrants under the age of 32 (on 31st December 2022) to present on a topic dealing with the engineering behaviour of the ground. Topics can be related to a construction/design project or research.
The presentation will need to last 10 minutes and emphasise the geotechnical aspects of the work. Entrants should be prepared for 5 minutes of questions at the end.
A separate poster competition will be judged alongside the presentations and the best poster will be awarded a prize. The poster competition is open to all and does not require the entrant to be participating in the presentation competition. All submitted posters will be displayed on the YGG LinkedIn group for the remainder of the season.
- Submit a 100-200 word presentation synopsis to Owen Flowers ([email protected]) by close of business 21st February 2022
- Up to six finalists will be shortlisted to present their topic on the evening. Finalists will be contacted on the 23rd February and given details for submission of their presentation and the online event
- If not shortlisted to present, you are encouraged enter the poster competition for a chance of a prize. Posters shall be submitted to Owen Flowers by 3rd February 2022 for display on LinkedIn prior to the event.
- A panel of three professional engineers will judge the competition based upon the content of the presentation and posters
- Judges will confer during the presentation from the evenings sponsor
- Winners of cash prizes will be announced at the event
For more information please contact: