- 30 June 2021
- 13:00 - 14:00 BST (GMT+1)
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
There is an increasing focus on temporary works in the construction industry, especially in excavation support. Excavations are notoriously dangerous due to the unpredictable nature of the ground conditions. Associated risks include ground movement, collapse, or cave-in, as well as potential impacts on surrounding structures, works and the public.
This event will explore a number of case studies covering an introduction to temporary works and excavation support, different excavation support systems, exploring hazards and so on.
Main topics will include the following:
- Introduction to temporary works and excavation support
- Types of excavation support systems
- Identifying hazards and producing a design brief
- Management on site and the effect of change
- Case studies
For more information please contact: