Crossrail is a major new railway which runs from east to west through central London, improving connections and reducing journey times to airports, the City of London, Canary Wharf and surrounding areas. Key features of the project are listed below:
- Five twin bored tunnelling drives under central London;
- Eight new underground stations, portals, shafts and crossovers;
- Complex interfaces and connections with London Underground, Network Rail, Docklands Light Rail, Thames Water and other third parties.
- Heritage and environmental issues related to construction in close proximity to historic structures.
- Public realm, regeneration and environmental development opportunities.
The Client is Crossrail Ltd, a subsidiary of Transport for London (TfL.) Funding for the £14.8 billion project is sourced from Transport for London, Department for Transport, and private investment.
Please note that catering is from 17:30, with a lecture start at 18:15.
For more information please contact: