- 28 April 2016
- 14:00 - 15:00 BST (GMT+1)
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
This year, “Workplace Stress: a collective challenge” is the theme of the campaign of the World Day for Health and Safety at Work, an International Labour Organisation initiative.
Today, many workers are facing greater pressure to meet the demands of modern working life. Psychosocial risks such as increased competition, higher expectations on performance and longer working hours are contributing to the workplace becoming an ever more stressful environment.
The balance between home and work is a difficult one to achieve and combined with the many work place triggers the levels of stress related illnesses is increasing across all sectors.
Jill Given of Atkins will outline the key issues and highlight some practical actions we can all take to protect the health and well-being of ourselves and others.
You can see Belfast City Council's Take 5 campaign on buses, bus stops and billboards across Belfast. BCC is encouraging everyone to Take 5 steps to wellbeing every day.
The 5 steps to wellbeing are:
- Give – volunteer your time. Thank someone. Smile.
- Be active – any amount of physical activity is good for you.
- Connect – with the people around you, friends or colleagues.
- Keep learning – don't be afraid to try something new.
- Take notice – be aware of the world around you.
For more information, visit the campaign website.
For more information please contact: