- 27 February 2015
- 08:30 - 10:30 GMT
Arnolfini 16 Narrow Quay Bristol , BS1 4QA United Kingdom
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
The 2015 General Election is set to be close with wide-ranging challenges for the next government.
Construction, housing, infrastructure, planning are key areas that can help the economy grow, and make places and spaces better for living, working, playing and doing business.
Connecting people and business relies on good infrastructure; people need good quality and affordable housing; businesses need high-quality and sustainable developments; construction projects account for over 6% of GDP.
What will the next government do to support and grow the construction industry?
Hosted by David Garnston of BBC Points West, we asked candidates from the main parties to debate the issues at this Election Debate targeted at issues around construction, housing, infrastructure and planning.
- Stephen Williams MP/parliamentary candidate, LibDem (Bristol West)
- Charlotte Leslie MP/parliamentary candidate, Conservative (Bristol North West)
- Darren Jones, parliamentary candidate, Labour (Bristol North West)
- Darren Hall, parliamentary candidate, Green (Bristol West)
- Michael Frost, parliamentary candidate, UKIP (Bristol North West)
Building a Better Britain: The Bristol Debate is brought to you by Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI).
For more information please contact: