- 15 December 2020
- 17:00 - 18:30 GMT
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
Civil Engineering plays a vital role in the daily lives of people globally, irrespective of gender, race, religion, social status or cultural heritage. To work for all variations of people, the design and implementation teams should involve a broad spectrum to gain insight from as many viewpoints as possible. While historically this hasn’t always been the case, change is afoot, and the industry has changed drastically over the past decades and will continue to do so at the benefit of the end user(s).
In this session civil engineers will discuss their personal experiences and their opinions on how the industry can progress, regarding the topic of diversity and inclusivity.
Disclaimer:Those speaking in this webinar are no way attempting to speak as collective of their gender, ethnicity, cultural heritage, location or company, the discussions and opinions are purely personal.
Those speaking are under no obligation to discuss matters or names they are not comfortable openly discussing.
- Please introduce yourself, your professional role and discuss why you chose to pursue a career as a 'Civil Engineer’, leading into what you enjoy most about being a 'Civil Engineer'
- In your personal opinion, what are the hurdles faced in pursuing engineering related to diversity and inclusivity in the industry? i.e. lack of representation in STEM outreach, in the teaching of STEM subjects, thus causing many to not view Civil Engineering/STEM as a potentially fruitful career option? Awareness of the breadth of career opportunities in the spectrum of Engineering at school
- Did you face any of these challenges/hurdles, and how did you overcome them
- How would you like to see diversity and inclusion tackled within STEM and 'Civil Engineering'? With a focus on tackling the loss of females and those of BAME heritage at each stage of education
- Lastly, how has the industry changed regarding diversity and inclusivity during your professional career
There is no financial cost to attend this event. Tickets are not limited as the session will be held online. For further details on booking please contact [email protected]
For further information on this event, please contact [email protected]
You can join the event up to 10 minutes before the start time of 17.00
If prompted for a password, please enter NorthEast20
For more information please contact: