Select your session
Use the links below to watch individual sessions from the Alternative Dispute Resolution workshop:
- Session 1 (0mins) - Assessing evidence and witnesses, analysing legal submissions and issues, drafting decisions; dos and don'ts
- Session 2 (49mins) - A review of recent developments on adjudication and payment
- Session 3 (1hr 39mins)
- Session 4 (2hrs, 16mins 48secs) - Raymond Joyce, ICE Dispute Resolution
ICE’s Alternative Dispute Resolution workshop is the definitive event for those working as construction dispute resolvers.
At the 2016 delegates will hear tips from the bench, what’s new in law for the adjudicator and an update from the Institution of Civil Engineers Dispute Resolution Service.
As in previous years the workshop will also offer you the opportunity to attend two highly focused and learning based sessions, allowing you to tailor make your day to best suit you and your practice’s needs.
Delegates will choose two from these workshops:
- Adjudication: Closing out the adjudication process
This workshop will cover: issuing clear directions; amending directions; dealing with requests for extra time; dealing with late submissions; dealing with hearings; what to do if only one party wants a hearing; do you need a Reply / Rejoinder; extending the time period; how to weigh evidence; how to get more time for yourself.
- Adjudication: Decision Drafting
This workshop will examine the essential content of adjudicator’s decision, the requirement for reasons, style and best practice with brief reference to case law but drawing on the views of delegates.
- Dispute Boards: Getting the Best out of them for Dispute Avoidance
The workshop will show how the use of Dispute Boards can help Parties avoid disputes with some practical examples, and time for discussion as to how they can be used more in the UK, adding value, not cost.
You should attend this event if you:
- Are a member of the ICE Dispute Resolution Registers
- Have an interest in, or work in the area of dispute resolution
- Would like to hear interesting presentations on engineering dispute resolution
- Would like to take part in the interactive workshops
- Have an interest in construction law and dispute resolution
- Need to maintain your CPD as a member of the ICE’s ADR Registers
For more information please contact:
ICE Events Team