- 30 June 2015
- 10:30 - 18:30 BST (GMT+1)
One Great George Street Institution of Civil Engineers Westminster London , SW1P 3AA United Kingdom
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
Construction accounts for just 5% of employees in Britain but 31% of fatal injuries. The second ICE Health and Safety conference, aimed at reducing harm in the industry, will examine how collaborative construction can help beat the statistics.
Getting health and safety right is good not only for workers, but also for the bottom line. The conference will show how pooling knowledge and working effectively as a team leads to better decision making, consistent health and safety focus and better project delivery.
The programme will:
- Demonstrate how team work can boost information transfer
- Encourage forward planning to avoid problems
- Explore how digital technology can improve health and safety
- Discuss the role of design in the life cycle of a project
- Facilitate discussion on CDM 2015 and the impact on industry
- Reinforce that good health and safety is good business
- Provide guidance on health matters
- Show how getting health and safety right improves project delivery and performance
- Create opportunities for networking between key industry players
CDM regulation changes, in force from 6 April, mean a shift in the H&S regulatory regime for procurement, design, construction, maintenance and operation of construction projects. The conference will show what the changes mean on the ground and how they affect the team dynamic and ownership of responsibility.
Now is the time to look at the contribution each person makes in ever expanding project teams, to ensure they all play their vital part in protecting the health and safety of themselves and everyone during the construction work, maintenance and operations.
ICE Events Team
e: [email protected]
t: +44 (0)20 7665 2226
For more information please contact: