The Temporary Works Forum (TWf) was established in 2009 to encourage open discussion of any matter related to temporary works. Set up by industry for industry, the forum is subscription-based and open to any organisation within the industry - large or small - sharing this intent; whether client, permanent works designer, principal contractor, temporary works designer, proprietary equipment supplier, specialist, industry body or academia.
In respect of temporary works to seeks to:
- Give authoritative guidance and, when required, professional leadership to the industry.
- Consider aspects of permanent works and interfaces between permanent works and temporary works as are relevant.
- Consider both current practice and likely development.
- Be aware of trends and innovations in design, construction and use.
- Consider whether unacceptable risk exists or might arise in the future and, if believed so, to give warning to relevant bodies.
- Consider whether further research and development appears desirable.
- Encourage others to avoid duplicating work in hand elsewhere.
- Keep a watching brief on international issues
The talk will provide an introduction to the Temporary Works Forum (TWf) - including an insight into its aims and objectives – and highlight some of the guidance and information sheets available. It will also provide an insight into the changes introduced in BS 5975: 2019, the standard giving recommendations and guidance on the procedural controls to be applied to all aspects of temporary works in the construction industry.
For more information please contact: