- 06 November 2015
- 10:00 - 17:00 GMT
Institution of Civil Engineers One Great George Street Westminster London , SW1P 3AA United Kingdom
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
Irrigation can contribute significantly to poverty alleviation, food security, and improving the quality of life for rural populations.
However, irrigation it often does not live up to expectations and can also have negative environmental and socio-economic effects, such as water logging and salinization, water and vector borne diseases, and inequitable access to water.
- Dr Ragab Ragab, Centre for Ecology and Hydrology UK
- Conor Linstead, Freshwater Specialist WWF-UK
- Guy Jobbins, Research Fellow at Overseas Development Institute
- Dr Jeroen Ensink, Senior lecturer-London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Dr Barbara Adolph, Principal Researcher International Institute for Environment and Development
- Dr Ian Tod CEng MICE Independent Consultant
- Simon Foxwell, Asia/Pacific Division Director, Landell Mills
- Simon Howarth CEng MICE – Chair of IWF
For more information please contact: