- 27 April 2015
- 14:00 - 15:00 BST (GMT+1)
One Great George Street United Kingdom
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
Patrick Theis, DS Consulting, and Martin Cowell, TfL, explained Lean Construction Management, and outline how the lean processes have been used and the lessons learnt on this project. Listen to the ICE webinar to find out more about how to implement Lean Construction for reaping the benefits in time and efficiency savings.
Topics covered in the webinar:
- Lean Construction Management as a production planning tool
- Detail Planning for construction on a daily basis
- Structure of the planning board
- Visualization of open issues
- Generation of action lists from planning board
- Management of the resources
- Visualisation of daily work
- How to track materials through the supply chain, and for daily demand
- How to use reliable processes to speed up projects
- Performance Management System for construction sites
- Integrated planning with design, supply chain and construction site
Find out how to identify and resolve bottlenecks, using the LCM system linked with the BIM system.
On the construction site Lean and BIM support each other to effectively increase the efficiency of the construction processes. Some of the benefits include:
- Significant increase in the utilization of bottle neck resources (e.g. in one example from 28% to 92%)
- Acceleration of the construction process by 26%
- Increase of stability and reliability of processes (92%)
- Reduction of claims (28%)
The presenters were Patrick Theis, partner at Drees & Sommer and Managing Director of DS-Consulting, and Martin Cowell, Senior Project Manager in the Integrated Stations Programme at TfL, and the chairman was Simon Murray.
This is the first in a series of events to be held on collaboration. Future webinars will include
For more information please contact: