- 01 July 2015
- 14:00 - 15:00 BST (GMT+1)
WebEx - One Great Goerge Street United Kingdom
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
This webinar will describe new opportunities and challenges that engineers and managers face in managing change in complex projects as we enter an era of 'big data'. Researchers argue that digital technologies are breaking the mould of 1960s approaches to project management enabling rapid, flexible forms of project organizing.
However, infrastructure providers operate in regulated, safety critical industries and need to establish and maintain integrity in large data-sets.
Find out how Airbus, CERN and Crossrail approach through-life asset information, and why they find 'configuration management' more rather than less important.
Ever wondered how new technologies might be harnessed to ensure the integrity of engineering data?
The webinar will discuss the evolving nature of configuration management and potential use of analytics in managing change on projects.
Topics covered in the webinar:
- Examples of change management from Airbus, CERN and Crossrail
- Managing Change in Project Delivery
- Reuse of information and data linkages in the era of 'big data'
- Configuration management in Airbus, CERN and Crossrail
- Managers delivering asset information, as well as assets
Jennifer Whyte, introduced by Simon Murray, with Miles Ashley, TfL Programme Director of Crossrail and Stations for the Questions and Answer segment.
13:00 Introduction from Simon Murray, Chair (5 mins)
13:05 Presentation from Jennifer Whyte, (30 Mins)
13:35 Questions, fielded and presented to Jennifer Whyte and Miles Ashley by Simon Murray (20 mins)
13:55 Wrap up summary, by Simon Murray (5 mins)
Collaboration webinar series
This is the second in a series of events to be held on collaboration. In this series:
- Lean Construction Management and BIM: How to speed up construction Held on 27 April, 2015, by Patrick Theis, DS Consulting, and Martin Cowell, TfL. [Recording available here, Login username: RecordedLecture (put where the email address is requested), password: recordedlecture]
- Managing Change in Complex Projects: Configuration Management, Asset Information and Big Data Jennifer Whyte, Wednesday July 1st 1-2pm
- The role of the owner Graeme Winch Thursday July 9th 1-2pm
For more information please contact: