- 16 June 2015
- 18:30 - 20:30 BST (GMT+1)
N3/28, Cardiff School of Engineering The Parade Cardiff , CF24 3AA United Kingdom
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
The presentation will focus on the benefits and opportunities presented by the development of locally generated, stored and transmitted electricity, and how best to combine these developments with central large-scale electricity generation and transmission.
The speaker is Professor Ron Loveland FInstP, Energy Advisor to the Welsh Government.
Locally driven issues he will address are:
- ‘Smarter’ buildings able to generate electricity
- Energy conservation
- ‘Smart’ grids
- Local energy storage
- Integrated local community energy systems
- Innovation opportunities
- Public attitudes to local energy issues
National issues discussed will include:
- Transmission grids
- What are the most effective, secure and economically viable type of power stations
- How best to inform public debate around climate change and energy
- How to combine the best of local and national electricity generation
For more information please contact: