- 30 June 2014
- 19:00 - 21:00 BST (GMT+1)
Institution of Civil Engineers One Great George Street Westminster London , SW1P 3AA United Kingdom
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
New construction often conflicts with existing underground infrastructure. Existing underground utilities and their related structures constitute inefficiencies and risks on projects Underground utility mapping and an engineering practice called subsurface utility engineering (SUE) have been developed and used to address this issue with great success in other international markets.
There is now a need for a standard to support the subsurface utility engineering (SUE)/utility mapping industry in the UK. Whilst there is significant knowledge and expertise in the industry, the market is largely unregulated.
This standard will help to increase market confidence regarding not just the definition and delivery of the SUE process but also the further professionalism of the industry.
- Geoff French, President, ICE
- Scott Steedman, Director of Standards, British Standards Institution
- Ian Bush, Lead author PAS 128, Chair Geospatial Engineering Panel, ICE, Director BIM, Black & Veatch
- Andy Rhoades, Head of Service Protection, LHR Airports – Heathrow
For more information please contact: