The talk will present the work completed on the redevelopment of the Shell Centre in Waterloo.
The project, known as Southbank Place, has been undertaken by a joint venture of Qatari Diar and Canary Wharf Group.
Completion of the sub-structure in 2017 brings to a close many years of involvement for Arup geotechnics. The talks will cover:
- The site history including the historic measurements of the Bakerloo Line from the original 1950s development
- Foundation design for the eight new buildings
- Results of preliminary pile testing under bentonite in London Clay and Lambeth Group
- The installation of piles 1m off live running LUL tunnels, including a full scale instrumented field trial
- A novel method for assessing the re-use of existing under-reamed piles
- Use of instrumentation in LUL tunnels
For more information please contact: