- 22 September 2021
- 19:00 - 20:15 BST (GMT+1)
This event has now ended
You can catch-up on details or any broadcast and downloads here.
The talk will present the work completed on the redevelopment of the Shell Centre in Waterloo.
The project, known as Southbank Place, has been undertaken by a joint venture of Qatari Diar and Canary Wharf Group.
Completion of the sub-structure in 2017 brings to a close many years of involvement for Arup geotechnics. The talks will cover:
- The site history including the historic measurements of the Bakerloo Line from the original 1950s development
- Foundation design for the eight new buildings
- Results of preliminary pile testing under bentonite in London Clay and Lambeth Group
- The installation of piles 1m off live running LUL tunnels, including a full scale instrumented field trial
- A novel method for assessing the re-use of existing under-reamed piles
- Use of instrumentation in LUL tunnels
For more information please contact: