Who wrote this?
This book was edited by Andrew Pepper and published by ICE Publishing.
This book was written to reflect on changes to the UK's legislative frameworks for dam safety and demonstrate examples of the many environmental factors to be taken into account, not just for the construction of new dams but also for alterations and repairs.
Who should read this?
This book is for all who work with dams and reservoirs, including owners, maintainers, designers or constructors in the UK or abroad.
This book contains the proceedings of the 18th Biennial Conference of the British Dam Society, Maintaining the Safety of our Dams and Reservoirs. Content covers:
- Legislation and Environmental Challenges
- Geotechnical Issues of Dam Construction and Maintenance
- Mechanical Components of Dams
- Risk Analysis and Reduction Measures
- Design and Construction Case Studies
- Monitoring and Incidents at Dams
- Repairs to Dams
For more information or questions, please firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit content host site