Who wrote this?
- Martyn Pendlebury
- Charlotte Brace
- Alistair Gibb
- Diane Gyi
- Alan Gilbertson
- Graeme Cox, Rail Link Engineering (Chair)
- Annabel Bartlett, Mott MacDonald Ltd
- Jason Bingham, Davis Langdon Consultancy
- Bob Blackman, Transport & General Workers Union
- Richard Boland, Health and Safety Executive
- Duncan Calder, Zurich Risk Services
- John Davey, Arup (representing the ConstructionHealth & Safety Group)
- Anthony Edwards, Balfour Beatty plc
- Denis Hands, Construction Industry Training Board
- Tony Hart, British Nuclear Fuels plc
- Robert King, Engineers Employers Federation
- Tony Metcalfe, Wates Group Limited
- Andrew Sneddon, Construction Confederation
- Peter Twinam, Arup (representing CHSG)
- Tony Wheel, Carillion plc
Contribution and assistance:
- David Lambert of Kier Group
- David Watson of WSP
- Graham Leech of Balfour Beatty Management
- Dr Andrew Colvin, Institute of Occupational Medicine, Edinburgh
- Nick Charlton-Smith, Association for Project Safety (formerly Association of Planning Supervisors)
It was first published in July 2008, though the first edition was published in 2004.
To spread the word that this is everyone's duty toreduce dangers on construction projects as much as possible.
Who should read this?
Anyone responsible for healthy, risk-minimised construction in need of practical advice, such as operatives, supervisors, managers and designers.
This 149-page book, available to buy from CIRIA, gives considers the need for effective management of health on site and the importance of improving the industry's health culture. It highlights the biological, chemical, physical and psychological hazards that may face those working on site and emphasises that it is everyone's duty to reduce those dangers as much as possible. Advice is given on site inductions, personal protective equipment, first-aiders, accident reporting and health screening.
It has four sections:
- Introduction to site health
- Site health: the basics
- Health issues at work
- Further help and information
For more information and questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit content host site