Construction Skills Certification Scheme card

Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) cards prove that people working on construction sites have the training and qualifications they need for the type of work they do.

The scheme was set up to raise health and safety standards in the construction industry. You need a CSCS card to work on UK Contractors Group sites and many other sites in the UK.

What is the card?

The CSCS card is similar to a credit card. It carries your name, photograph, CSCS registration number and construction qualifications. It also provides evidence that you've had health and safety awareness training and testing.

Cards available to members

Cards are available in a number of categories. The card you can get will depend on the type of work you do, and your qualifications or membership of professional bodies. Categories include trainee, skilled worker, experienced worker, manager and professionally qualified worker.

You can find out more about the categories and the requirements for each level on the CSCS website.

Professionally qualified members of ICE can apply for the 'professionally qualified worker' card. To get one, you must meet the CSCS criteria and pass the health, safety and environment test for managers and professionals.

More Information

Find out more, book a health, safety and environment test, or apply for a CSCS card. Or call the CSCS helpdesk on 03449 944777.