Find out how you can apply for MICE if you are already a corporate Member or Fellow of the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (CICES).
Can I apply?
To apply for MICE using your CICES membership, you must have:
- Been a corporate Member or Fellow of CICES for the last two years or more
- Qualified directly with CICES and not on the basis of recognition or transfer from another institution
- Extensive experience of working in the built environment
- A UK bachelor’s degree or equivalent, in any subject
If you don't have a suitable degree, we'll need to assess your level of technical knowledge before you make your application. Please email us at email@example.com for advice if you think this might apply to you.
What else do I have to do?
You need to show us, in writing, that you have the level of competence for MICE. This is measured against specific attributes which are explained in the application form.
You will also need to provide:
- a detailed CV, which should include descriptions of the projects on which you have worked, including size, cost and positions of responsibility, as well as key achievements
- your CPD records
- Three completed CICES sponsor questionnaires
- Certified copies of your certificates for your academic qualifications (and translations if not in English) and CICES membership
Membership by this route is for MICE only. It does not result in Engineering Council registration and will not entitle you to further recognition or exemptions with other engineering institutions. If you wish to qualify for CEng, IEng or EngTech MICE you will need to apply for a Professional Review instead.
Application and fees
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the CICES recognition application form and sponsor questionnaire.
You will need an ICE membership number. If you don’t already have one, please create a non-member account by registering with MyICE. This will enable you to make payments online and access information on our website tailored to your particular interests. You will find your membership number within “My Profile” in your MyICE account.
You can submit your application for recognition at any time.
We will process your application and get back to you within a month to confirm if it is complete and ready for assessment. Once we have confirmed your application is complete, the assessment itself may then take up to four months. During this time your name will be published on the ICE website for 28 days to notify others of your application for membership.
All applications for recognition are assessed and approved for admission by ICE’s Exemption & Recognition Panel, who are qualified members and experienced ICE Reviewers.
Once your application has been assessed, you will receive a decision letter by email from the Panel. If your application is successful you will be approved for membership and admitted on payment of your subscription fee. If your application is not successful we will explain why and you will be invited to attend an interview.
There is a non-refundable application fee for this route. Please check our application fees webpage for current costs.