A new cohort of Council members have been elected to do their part to direct the lifelong learning and engineering knowledge of the Institution.
Results for the Council election and the By-law ballot were announced at ICE’s Annual General Meeting on 21 July 2020.
10 new Council members have been elected. to take office from 3 November 2020 and will serve for three years. Details of those elected are below.
Corporate Members were also asked to vote on seven resolutions concerning the Institution’s By-laws. They voted to approve all resolutions.
Those related to the balance of the Trustee Board and the method of appointing and electing its members; the provision for the Trustee Board to dismiss a Trustee for justifiable reasons; and changes to the rules for attendance and voting at a Special General Meeting.
ICE President Paul Sheffield said: “I am delighted that members have voted overwhelmingly in favour of changing ICE’s by-laws in line with recommendations received from David Orr’s Presidential Commission into the governance of the ICE. The changes will enhance the efficiency and transparency of our governance allowing us to work together to tackle the issues facing society.”
Council Election results
- Julie Wood BSc (Hons) CEng FICE FRICS FCIM HonFAPM
- Njemile Faustin BSc MSc DIC PhD MICE CEng
- Sally Walters CEng MICE MIET
- David Norman Porter BEng (Hons) MSc CEng FICE
- Hong Kong: Ken Ho JP FICE FHKIE RPE(Geotechnical & Civil) ACGI DIC CEng EurIng
- North East: Graham Yates BEng (Hons) CEng MICE
- Wales: Sarah Jones BEng CEng MICE
- Americas: Julian Lineham PE SECB F.SEI F.ASCE CEng FICE
- Asia Pacific (non-HK): Matthew Colton BEng (Hons) CEng FICE FIEAust CPPM MAIPM MAICD
- Middle East & Africa: Mark Jamieson BEng (Hons) CEng FICE
Congratulations and welcome to our new Council members and thank you to everyone who voted.